About Me

My photo
Welcome! I'm Kim. I have lots of creative and entertaining ideas I can't wait to share with you, but my personal story will have to be shared a little at a time. In addition to blogging about upscale entertaining on a budget, I want to share my experience living with major depressive disorder. Entertaining and creating beautiful things while fighting hopelessness and despair should make for some interesting reading, don't you think?

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

About Upscale Party by Kim



Somewhere between the lavish pageantry of a Royal Wedding and the modest celebrations of the "middle class" is an entertaining style called Upscale Party.

Just because you were not born a princess, haven't had the luck to marry a handsome prince, or haven't yet made your first million, doesn't mean that don't love and appreciate high quality things, beautiful places, and elegant events.

Of course, money helps when you have upscale taste, but not everyone with money, or even royal blood, recognizes elegance and high quality when they see it.

I love to entertain lavishly, but can't afford to shop where royalty and the very rich shop. And the big party supply stores don't generally appeal to my upscale taste. So, over years of entertaining, I have learned to use my creative and artistic talents to craft celebrations that are remarkably beautiful, elegant and fun!

My plan for this blog is to share my thoughts and provide practical advice on creating an Upscale event, regardless of your budget!

Although I am excited about this opportunity to exchange ideas, I am still working full time, so for now I can commit to posting at least once a week. I am also looking forward to hearing your ideas, comments and suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment